- This event has passed.
Session 2 – Managing Conflict Within Your Team: A Necessary Skill for Team Leaders
May 10 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Conflicts take place wherever people work together, whether in a professional, social, religious or voluntary environment. As human beings, we all have different opinions, different preferences, different likes and dislikes, and of course, different personalities.
When there are disagreements, there is loss of time, lack of productivity, and lack of progress, not to mention the ill feelings which accompany the interactions.
Team Leaders need to be equipped with the interpersonal skills and the knowledge to be able to diffuse conflicts, to find agreements that satisfy all parties and to bring out the best in their members.
Alice Thomas-Roberts will facilitate an online course titled ‘Managing Conflict Within Your Team: A Necessary Skill for Team Leaders’
Whether you’re a Manager or Supervisor in the work environment, a Group leader in a volunteer community club or church committee, this three week online course would be relevant to you.
This course will look at Different types of conflict, Interpersonal Skills, Effective Meeting Management, Resolution Skills, The Conflict Resolution Process, Mediation, and Accountability of the parties involved.
There will be opportunities to discuss, practise and evaluate real life scenarios, as well as to build own your interpersonal skills.
May 10th would be the second session of this online course would have begun on May 3rd. The third and final session will be held on 17th from 5:00 p.m to 6:30 p.m. each evening. Session one is a requirement to attending sessions 2 and 3.
Who should attend?
- supervises others
- chairs meetings
- leads a committee
- wants to build their interpersonal skills
- wants to better understand meeting management
- is preparing for leadership roles
Participants will finish this course
- understanding why conflicts develop
- having a better understanding of themselves and their own personalities
- being able to strengthen their leadership skills
- knowing how to host and manage more effective meetings
- knowing how to relate to different personalities
- understanding various strategies for resolving conflicts
- knowing how to mitigate disagreements before they mushroom into conflicts
Participants completing this course will be entitled to a Certificate of Achievement.
The per person cost for this online 3 week course is US $60.
For more information, and to register, interested persons should complete the Contact Form below or call (473) 405 0027.