- This event has passed.
Online Course – Preparing for the World of Work
August 16, 2021 @ 9:00 am - August 20, 2021 @ 11:00 amUS$60
Preparing for the World of Work: an online course for school leavers and other people looking to improve their business etiquette skills.
The workplace is extremely competitive now. Academic qualifications are not enough to impress hiring managers. To set themselves apart from the average, young people must be able to understand and apply business etiquette skills to their every day interactions.
- be able to hold themselves positively during an interview;
- know how to relate to future colleagues and clients professionally;
- be able to speak with confidence about themselves and their intentions;
- understand how to network and build great business relationships;
- know how to dress appropriately for work and company events; and
- learn how to represent themselves and their employers well at social events, among other things.
Alice Thomas-Roberts, Protocol & Etiquette Training Consultant and Author will host a one week course for school leavers and other young peoples to help them prepare for the work environment.
This course ‘Preparing for the World of Work’ will be held on the Zoom platform from 16 – 20 August, 2021 and runs from 9:00 a.m to 11 a.m. each day.
Sub-topics of this course will include
- Basic but Necessary Courtesies
- Conversations and Communication Skills
- Netiquette (Email and Social Media)
- Posture and Body Language
- Emotional Intelligence – Managing Your own Emotions & Understanding Others
- Image and Personal Presentation (Attire, Dress Codes, Markings and Piercings)
- Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
- Preparing Applications and Resumés
- Interview Skills
- Dining Etiquette
At the end of this course attendees will:
- be able to start conversations and communicate confidently with people they meet for the first time,
- learn how to use the internet (email and social media) professionally;
- be aware of the need to manage their own emotions and the need to make efforts to consider and understand others;
- be able to make decisions in their best interest about relationships
- prepare impressive application letters and resumes
- feel confident enough about their abilities and expectations to attend an interview without anxiety
- be able to master formal dining out with confidence
Attendees will leave this course feeling empowered, ready for their next job interview or promotion.
Interested individuals must visit this link to register. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/preparing-for-the-world-of-work-online-seminar-tickets-161266385099
For more information on this course complete the following contact form.